Danville Care Center
1701 N Bowman Ave,
Danville, IL 61832
620 Warrington Ave,
Danville, IL 61832
During a party at the home we provide a gift bag to the residents of the nursing home filled with: a hand-made Mother’s Day/Father’s Day card, a piece of fruit, a stuffed animal or toy/game book, lip balm or shaving cream, a pair of socks and a rose/carnation.
We also walk around the home and deliver gift bags to the residents who cannot attend the party.
To spread the love of Christ to a large amount of forgotten senior citizens who never have any visitors throughout the year.
We promote the event to the community to obtain sponsors and volunteers for the events.
RESIDENTS OF THE HOMES:
Danville Care Center currently has approximately 54 residents: 34 women and 20 men
Colonial Manor currently has approximately 64 residents: 60 women and 4 men
We recruit volunteers and sponsors to accomplish the following:
Sponsors can donate merchandise or money. ($20 per gift bag is suggested, or whatever anyone can donate) We capture sponsorships through our web site via Paypal at http://www.adoptasenior.net
VOLUNTEERS: (ALL VOLUNTEERS under 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or chaperone)
Volunteers will donate their time to accomplish the following:
- Assembly of the gift bags at the nursing home ahead of the event.
- Serve the residents food and beverage.
- Deliver the gift bags during a party at the home as well as taking cards and gifts around to the residents who cannot attend the party.
If a volunteer is under 18 AND attending without a parent/guardian, ALL paper work MUST be completed by their parent/guardian in advance and brought to the event.
ACCEPTANCE OF RESPONSIBILITY
ALL volunteers, regardless of age, must complete our ONLINE acceptance of responsibility form.
PERMISSION for PHOTOGRAPHY
If you are a school who will be bringing students, under the age of 18 to volunteer at our events or if students are coming on their own, we need to have the permission of the guardian/parents of the children under 18 to be able to take their picture. We use photography for promotional purposes for future events. CLICK HERE to complete the ONLINE photograph permission form ahead of the event.
If you are bringing a group of UNRELATED children, UNDER 16, to our event, please be advised of our chaperon policy:
ALL VOLUNTEERS under 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or chaperone. Non-parent chaperones MUST accompany UNRELATED children as follows:
Ages 5-10, 1 chaperone per 3 children;
Ages 11-13, 1 chaperone per 5 children;
Ages 14-15, 1 chaperone per 7 children.
EACH chaperone MUST RSVP at www.adoptasenior.net AHEAD of our event and indicate how many children they are bringing. Registration will open 4-5 weeks ahead of the event.
SUPPORT WE ARE REQUESTING:
- Recruiting your employees/members/students/parents to participate in the event as volunteers and/or sponsors.
CLICK HERE to download a flyer for promotional purposes
If you would like a customized flyer, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 404-919-9165.
- A financial contribution of ANY amount from your church/business/school/organization.
- Help with recruiting event leadership and overall event organizing volunteers. CLICK HERE for where you can direct anyone interested.
- School children (Middle School-HS age) are welcomed to hand-decorate Mother’s Day and Father’s Day cards & gift bags. We need the following:
|LOCATION||CARDS & BAGS|
We ask that ANY school that would like to help with decorating of cards and bags, please register their participation by CLICKING HERE. Someone will contact you once you have registered to confirm your participation.
We provide the blank bags to any school that will be decorating bags.
CLICK HERE to download instructions for decorating cards & bags for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
If you will be decorating cards/bags or doing a merchandise drive, we would appreciate it if you would have a volunteer deliver decorated cards and/or bags and/or the merchandise you collect to our storage/organization location?
To arrange an appointment for delivery contact:
Tom Sargeant 765-400-0315
Donation of merchandise such as:
- Lip Balm - Shaving Cream(10-12 oz. bottle)
- Stuffed Animals - LARGE print puzzle books
- Socks – Reg. Athletic socks, Reg. Women Socks & XL Athletic socks (white or grey)
- This can be done in the form of a drive where your employees/members/students would bring in these items to a central collection point to be picked up by Neighbor Love on Thur., May 11th
- If you will do a merchandise DRIVE you can CLICK HERE to download the DROP BOX signage
Reg. Athletic/Female Socks
(White or Gray)
|Skin Lotion||Shaving Cream||Stuffed Animals||LARGE Print Puzzle Books||
SINGLE Decks of Cards
- PLEASE complete our ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM to let us know how you plan to participate in our events. For more information contact:
TOM SARGEANT, 404-919-9165
Thank you VERY MUCH for your consideration of this proposal.